sexta-feira, 27 de setembro de 2019

Hey! Where have you been on the last adventure!?



So, i accepted that there will always be absent players on my games. I have never had a gaming group whose players could always make it to the table on gaming day, so i decided to embrace the chaos of random absence and made these "lost character" tables to poorly justify why they couldn't be with the party on the last adventure.


When a player misses a session, the next time he can attend, ask him to roll in the appropriate table and introduce the situation to the group (who just happened to find him!). Most options are meant to introduce a new element to the story while providing some explanation on why that character was absent.





(1) I got lost wandering in the FOREST...

1...and fell on a hole! lost 1d6 HP
2...and stumbled upon a witch! (she's after me now)
3...and found this baby!
4...and a goblin bit me... i don't feel so good right now...
5...and i found a well where a broken-winged faerie lives.
6...and found a group of adventurers that looked just like us. My twin was also among them

(2) I got lost roaming in the DUNGEON...


1 ... and I was arrested! I managed to escape, but I'm hungry and tired / -1 on all rolls until session ends / has dungeon keys
2 ... and this goblin followed me back here ... I don't think he speaks our language - "bree yark za zi baba ?!" 
3 ... and I found this book with an iron cover ... but it's locked. 
4 ... and found the bodies of other adventurers partially devoured. 
5 ... and some guards mistook me for an old comrade. I still won 1d6 of their coins in a card game! 
6 ... and I found a secret door, come see!

(3) I got lost walking around the CITY...
1 ... and I was robbed! They took me 1d6 coins!
2 ... and I saw the Mayor naked in an alley devouring a human arm!! It's true!!
3 ... and I was captured by a cult. I managed to escape before the sacrifice, but this choker that they put around my neck does not let go! I think it's tightening more and more!
4 ... got drunk and ended up setting fire to the thieves guild favourite tavern ...
5 ... and I became friends with a mercenary. She can help us with our next venture!
6 ... and a beggar-prophet told me about the untimely death of one of you!

(4) I got lost in the trails of the MOUNTAIN...
1 ... and died falling off a cliff. Death gave me one more chance, but asked me to reap a life today.
2 ... and I was seduced by the singing of a harpy. I managed to escape but on the way put an egg!
3 ... and I tamed a goat. Say hi to Betina!
4 ... and found an abandoned corpse wagon on a difficult part of the trail.
5 ... and found a cave where a crazy hermit lives! He touched my forehead and left this gray mark ... I feel strange ...
6 ... and found a dwarf banging his head on a rock. All he could say was "they come from below ... THEY COME FROM BELOW !!"

(5) I got lost splashing in the SWAMP...
1 ... I stumbled and fell into a home of leeches. There are still 1d6 of them in me.
2 ... and found a cabin with lighted candles inside, but I didn't dare enter.
3 ... and I found a place where everything was petrified! Maybe some monster or wizard lives there!
4 ... and I heard shouts from a cave. Whatever it was, was in great agony ...
5 ... and found a moored boat full of provisions.
6 ... and found the ruins of a stilt village. I feel something has been lurking around since then ...

(6) I got lost in the dunes in the DESERT...
1 ... but I found this wonderful caravan and they brought me to you! Say hi, friends!
2 ... and found an oasis, but a group of lizard men was camping there!
3 ... and I was bitten by a scorpion! The pain gets worse every day ... / 1d6 damage per day until healed
4 ... and found a sleeping sphinx! She seems to be guarding the entrance to a temple!
5 ... and I just got stuck in this quicksand! QUICK, GET ME OUT OF HERE! / a random item sinks into the quicksand.
6 ... and found this lamp in the sand!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário