segunda-feira, 28 de janeiro de 2019

About Ark'lore

The first homebrew world i ever made.

It was amazing when i was 15. It had a multitude of (pretty bland, generic) gods, cosmology, maps, kingdoms, legends, dungeons... you know the drill. Pretty much the generic medieval fantasy we all know and stuff.

I played most of my games in this land, experimented with different systems, had amazing moments, tons of stories and a few campaigns (sadly, none of them ever completed due to megalomania in campaign-building conflicting with life happening).

Even now i have an ongoing 5e campaign about collecting seven faeries turned into magical jewels (WOW. now THAT's original) and i love it, and i love the PCs and players in my table, even though we are having problems to keep pace (haven't played in months). I still love me some traditional fantasy, that is, but...

This blog is not exactly about Ark'lore. It would have been if i started it 5-8 years ago, but i think i have more interesting things to write about now, at least for my taste.

I fell in love with the OSR, had a lot of my preconceptions about roleplaying games and world-building shaken up, i was utterly amazed by the twisted and inspired ideas that people had and i wanted to be part of it, hence this blog.

Ark'lore, the name itself, became kind of a trademark (for me, of course), and i really like it, even though it sounds a bit generic.
The thing is: it is symbolic to me, and it sounded like a good starting point for naming a blog which will be ,to a certain extent, a place to keep my ideas about stories, rules and stuff (an ARK of my LORE if you will, heh...? sorry for this).

Yes, i wrote this to justify the blog's name and give a little background about my limited gaming experience. And now, DISCLAIMERS:

I'm MOST DEFINITELY NOT a writer.

Also, English is not my first language (you can probably tell by now).

I don't know how to run a blog yet, this is my first post on a blog ever.

Also, this blog will probably have a really inconsistent schedule because i'm LAZY.

I do not claim to be a brilliant original mind, i just want to share ideas and have them somewhere online for interested people to see.

Thank you all, i hope you enjoy future posts!!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário